Educating and informing our members is at the heart of our mission. That’s why Aim hosts webinars on relevant municipal topics such as current legislative issues and cybersecurity. Each of these webinars is designed to keep you up to date on the subject matter and give you takeaways that you can apply in your municipality.
Social Media in the Workplace
August 15, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Member: $25, Non-member: $55
Having certain boundaries in place is a good idea for any local government, especially when it comes to social media. A social media policy gives you the opportunity to establish clear guidelines and expectations for employees. A policy can allow employees to show their personalities and creativity without having to worry that what they’re sharing on social media could negatively impact their career. This webinar will cover best practices, guidelines, and procedures on training and enforcement.
This webinar will also discuss municipal social media accounts. In recent months several Indiana cities have found themselves facing lawsuits resulting from blocking certain citizens from posting on their Facebook pages or removing specific posts after-the-fact. Is your community at risk of similar legal action? What can you do to utilize vital social media tools while maintaining transparency and preserving First Amendment rights?
Presented by Jan Michelsen, Shareholder, Ogletree Deakins
Purchase a recording of past webinars
- The Misconceptions of TIF
- All You Need to Know About the 2017 Community Crossings Program
- 2017 Legislative Session Recap (Free for Members)
- Using Crowdfunding to Finance Quality of Place Projects (Free for Members & Non-Members)
- Your Cure for the Common Rate Spike: The Aim Medical Trust (Free for Members)
- Staying Out of Trouble: INDOT’s Conflict of Interest Rule
- Don’t Cause a Tiff: Understand the New Requirements for TIF Annual Reporting
- Watching Your Back: A Look at Cyber Security and Local Government
- Understanding and Complying with New Employee Filing Requirements
- Code Enforcement 101: Tools for Enforcing the Rules
Registration is available until 8 a.m. the day of the webinar; registrations after this time cannot be guaranteed. All webinars begin at 10 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. You will receive email confirmations and reminders from Erin Jamison-Koenig or email@example.com. Your confirmation email provides you with webinar access information.
Credit for webinars
Earn Municipal Management Institute (MMI) credit by participating in Aim webinars. Learn new techniques for tackling common local issues and improving services to citizens while working towards your Certified Municipal Official status.