Educating and informing our members is at the heart of our mission. That’s why Aim hosts webinars on relevant municipal topics such as current legislative issues and cybersecurity. Each of these webinars is designed to keep you up to date on the subject matter and give you takeaways that you can apply in your municipality.
2021 Legislative Session Recap
Tuesday, May 11, 10:00 a.m. Eastern
Free for Aim Members / $55 Non-Member
When the Legislative Session ends, most Aim members already have a good idea of what happened regarding the larger, more publicized bills impacting municipal government. However, there are always a plethora of bills that don’t make headlines during the session. This free webinar will help members better understand what is slated to become law in the weeks and months ahead and how it impacts cities and towns of all sizes.
Presented by Matt Greller, Chief Executive Officer, Aim; Jenna Knepper, Government Affairs Manager, Aim; Lindsey Moss, Chief Government Affairs Officer & Legislative Counsel, Aim; and Campbell Ricci, Policy Director, Aim
CLE Credit is pending for this webinar.
Unbe-lease-able! Owning Equipment While Spreading Costs Over Time
Thursday, June 3, 10:00 a.m. Eastern
$25 Member / $55 Non-Member
Join Aim partner the Indiana Bond Bank for an interactive and timely webinar as they share the secrets of equipment lease-purchase financing. Also known as “capital leasing,” this tool allows cities and towns to own the asset while paying for it over a time. As cash management becomes increasingly critical, there’s no better time to learn about this “unbe-lease-able” tool. Topics will include an introduction to state partner Indiana Bond Bank; unlocking the benefits of paying for equipment over time; the difference between capital leasing and operating leasing; bidding requirements; and the built-in legal advantages of Indiana Bond Bank equipment financing tool. Join this webinar to hear from the Indiana Bond Bank and two special sharing insight into capital leasing and a recent capital leasing experience.
What We Learned from the Water Loss Audits
Tuesday, June 22, 10:00 a.m. Eastern
$25 Member / $55 Non-Member
The 2019 Indiana General Assembly enacted Senate Enrolled Act 4 (SEA 4), requiring all community water systems to perform an annual Water Loss Audit and have it validated by an Indiana Certified Water loss Audit Validator, that is third party to completion of the audit, every even-numbered year. The first Water Loss Audits and Validations were due in 2020. This webinar will give an overview of the Water Loss Audits conducted in 2020 from the perspective of a Town Operator, an engineering firm conducting the audits, and the Indiana Finance Authority. We will discuss the process, what we learned, and what we can expect in the future.
Presented by Donny Aleo, Superintendent of Streets and Utilities, Town of Arcadia; Sarah Hudson, Director of the Water Resources and Infrastructure Planning Program, Indiana Finance Authority; and Sarah Wittig, P.E, Commonwealth Engineers
Purchase a Recording of Past Webinars
The recording and materials from every Aim webinar is available for $25 for Aim Members and $55 for non-members.
Webinars Available for Purchase
- 2021 Legislative Session Preview
- A New Map: Municipal Redistricting
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Utilizing Next Level Jobs to become Hubs of Talent
- Planning and Design for Active Living
- State and Local Partnership with the Indiana Civil Rights Commission
- Managing a Municipal Utility: Best Practices & Implications of HEA 1347
- The FCC Small Cell Order and Its Practical Effects in Indiana
- Mental Health in Your Community
- Zoning Code Enforcement
- Social Media in the Workplace
- Staying Out of Trouble: INDOT’s Conflict of Interest Rule
- Don’t Cause a Tiff: Understand the New Requirements for TIF Annual Reporting
- Understanding and Complying with New Employee Filing Requirements
- 2020 Legislative Session Recap
- Developing Internal Controls
- Regulating Police Conduct: What Indiana Municipalities Need to Know
- HEA 1131: Water & Sewer Main Extension Rules
- Bidding Public Works Projects: Common Pitfalls and Considerations
- How to Connect in 280 Characters: Legislators, Citizens, and Communities
- Up in the Air: Drones in the City
- Conflict Resolution within Municipal Government
- Newly Elected Officials Training for New Office Holders
- Opportunity Zones
- A Bill Becomes Law – Now What?
- How to Keep Public Meetings Under Control
- Grants from Start to Finish
Registration & Cancellation
Registration is available until 5 p.m. the day before the webinar; registrations after this time cannot be guaranteed. All webinars begin at the scheduled Eastern Standard time. You will receive email confirmations and reminders from Erin Jamison-Koenig or [email protected] Your confirmation email provides you with webinar access information.
You cannot cancel if you have signed up to attend a webinar. You’ll be invoiced and sent the recording and materials regardless of whether you attend the live webinar.
MMI Credit for Webinars & Workshops
Participation in Aim webinars and workshops is eligible for Municipal Management Institute credit. The Municipal Management Institute (MMI) provides educational opportunities to Aim members, enabling them to sharpen their leadership skills, learn new techniques for tackling common local issues and improve services to citizens, while working towards their Certified Municipal Official status.
Thank you to our 2021 MMI Sponsors!