Educating and informing our members is at the heart of our mission. That’s why Aim hosts webinars on relevant municipal topics such as current legislative issues and cybersecurity. Each of these webinars is designed to keep you up to date on the subject matter and give you takeaways that you can apply in your municipality.
Gun Permits & Regulations
November 2, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Member: $25, Non-member: $55
If you are a municipal official in Indiana, state law regarding the regulation of firearms is more than likely one of the most delicate issues you face. Though litigation in Evansville v. Magenheimer is ongoing, recent court rulings have affirmed the 2011 Firearms Preemption Act will have great influence over what municipalities may and may not do in creating local firearms ordinances. Meanwhile, local pressure to regulate firearms in certain ways remains a powerful force in local governance. As a municipal official, you need to understand Indiana’s gun laws in detail if you are to navigate the various dynamics of this issue competently. Attend this webinar for a survey of Indiana’s state and local firearms laws, including information on permitting, state prohibitions of certain regulatory actions, home authority, and case law.
Presented by Pete Wood, Lieutenant & Legal Counsel, Indiana State Police
Purchase a recording of past webinars
- How to Stretch your Budget
- Zoning Code Enforcement
- Social Media in the Workplace
- The Misconceptions of TIF
- All You Need to Know About the 2017 Community Crossings Program
- 2017 Legislative Session Recap (Free for Members)
- Using Crowdfunding to Finance Quality of Place Projects (Free for Members & Non-Members)
- Your Cure for the Common Rate Spike: The Aim Medical Trust (Free for Members)
- Staying Out of Trouble: INDOT’s Conflict of Interest Rule
- Don’t Cause a Tiff: Understand the New Requirements for TIF Annual Reporting
- Watching Your Back: A Look at Cyber Security and Local Government
- Understanding and Complying with New Employee Filing Requirements
- Code Enforcement 101: Tools for Enforcing the Rules
Registration is available until 8 a.m. the day of the webinar; registrations after this time cannot be guaranteed. All webinars begin at 10 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. You will receive email confirmations and reminders from Erin Jamison-Koenig or [email protected] Your confirmation email provides you with webinar access information.
Credit for webinars
Earn Municipal Management Institute (MMI) credit by participating in Aim webinars. Learn new techniques for tackling common local issues and improving services to citizens while working towards your Certified Municipal Official status.