Educating and informing our members is at the heart of our mission. That’s why Aim hosts webinars on relevant municipal topics such as current legislative issues and cybersecurity. Each of these webinars is designed to keep you up to date on the subject matter and give you takeaways that you can apply in your municipality.
Offset Debt with TRECS
Tuesday, March 2, 10:00 a.m. Eastern
$25 Member / $55 Non-Member
TRECS (Tax Refund Exchange and Compliance System) is a results-oriented process to help local units of government collect outstanding debts in a timely, cost-effective manner. Indiana local governments can submit debts of at least $25 to the Indiana Department of Revenue and offset personal income tax refunds. The Association of Indiana Counties has an agreement with Department of Revenue to function as the one clearinghouse entity to submit debts on behalf of all local governments. Join this webinar to learn more about the program and how it can help your municipality.
Presented by Jacque Clements, Director of Professional Development and Corporate Relations, Association of Indiana Counties
Purchase a Recording of Past Webinars
The recording and materials from every Aim webinar is available for $25 for Aim Members and $55 for non-members.
Webinars Available for Purchase
- 2021 Legislative Session Preview
- A New Map: Municipal Redistricting
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Utilizing Next Level Jobs to become Hubs of Talent
- Planning and Design for Active Living
- State and Local Partnership with the Indiana Civil Rights Commission
- Managing a Municipal Utility: Best Practices & Implications of HEA 1347
- The FCC Small Cell Order and Its Practical Effects in Indiana
- Mental Health in Your Community
- Zoning Code Enforcement
- Social Media in the Workplace
- Staying Out of Trouble: INDOT’s Conflict of Interest Rule
- Don’t Cause a Tiff: Understand the New Requirements for TIF Annual Reporting
- Understanding and Complying with New Employee Filing Requirements
- 2020 Legislative Session Recap
- Developing Internal Controls
- Regulating Police Conduct: What Indiana Municipalities Need to Know
- HEA 1131: Water & Sewer Main Extension Rules
- Bidding Public Works Projects: Common Pitfalls and Considerations
- How to Connect in 280 Characters: Legislators, Citizens, and Communities
- Up in the Air: Drones in the City
- Conflict Resolution within Municipal Government
- Newly Elected Officials Training for New Office Holders
- Opportunity Zones
- A Bill Becomes Law – Now What?
- How to Keep Public Meetings Under Control
- Grants from Start to Finish
Registration & Cancellation
Registration is available until 5 p.m. the day before the webinar; registrations after this time cannot be guaranteed. All webinars begin at the scheduled Eastern Standard time. You will receive email confirmations and reminders from Erin Jamison-Koenig or [email protected] Your confirmation email provides you with webinar access information.
You cannot cancel if you have signed up to attend a webinar. You’ll be invoiced and sent the recording and materials regardless of whether you attend the live webinar.
MMI Credit for Webinars & Workshops
Participation in Aim webinars and workshops is eligible for Municipal Management Institute credit. The Municipal Management Institute (MMI) provides educational opportunities to Aim members, enabling them to sharpen their leadership skills, learn new techniques for tackling common local issues and improve services to citizens, while working towards their Certified Municipal Official status.
Thank you to our 2021 MMI Sponsors!