Educating and informing our members is at the heart of our mission. That’s why Aim hosts webinars on relevant municipal topics such as current legislative issues and cybersecurity. Each of these webinars is designed to keep you up to date on the subject matter and give you takeaways that you can apply in your municipality.
The Digital Battlefield: A Look at Cyber Security in Local Government
September 13, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Member: $25, Non-member: $55
Increasingly, local governments are faced with cyber security challenges that span from protection of critical infrastructure, to wire fraud, to safeguarding personal information of citizens. However, many cities and towns have never retained permanent IT services, and may never have had to respond to serious breaches in network security. If this is the case, you may be considering a Request for Proposals (RFP). Attendees at this workshop will learn what language to use when completing an RFP, what questions to ask to ensure you are retaining the proper services for your municipality, how to go about hiring IT services, and what to expect as network security upgrades are implemented.
Presented by Tony Valle, Partner, Promethius Consulting
Online registration has closed for this webinar. Please call the Aim office at (317) 237-6200 to register.
Purchase a recording of past webinars
- Community Canvas: Creating Public Art
- Planning and Design for Active Living
- 2018 Aim Legislative Session Recap (Free for Members)
- Utilizing Next Level Jobs to become Hubs of Talent
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- 2018 Legislative Session Preview (Free for Members)
- How to Stretch your Budget
- Zoning Code Enforcement
- Social Media in the Workplace
- The Misconceptions of TIF
- All You Need to Know About the 2017 Community Crossings Program
- Using Crowdfunding to Finance Quality of Place Projects (Free for Members & Non-Members)
- Your Cure for the Common Rate Spike: The Aim Medical Trust (Free for Members)
- Staying Out of Trouble: INDOT’s Conflict of Interest Rule
- Don’t Cause a Tiff: Understand the New Requirements for TIF Annual Reporting
- Watching Your Back: A Look at Cyber Security and Local Government
- Understanding and Complying with New Employee Filing Requirements
- Code Enforcement 101: Tools for Enforcing the Rules
Registration is available until 5 p.m. the day before the webinar; registrations after this time cannot be guaranteed. All webinars begin at 10 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. You will receive email confirmations and reminders from Erin Jamison-Koenig or [email protected] Your confirmation email provides you with webinar access information.
Credit for webinars
Earn Municipal Management Institute (MMI) credit by participating in Aim webinars. Learn new techniques for tackling common local issues and improving services to citizens while working towards your Certified Municipal Official status.