We want to ensure that these exciting stories are being told, and that Hoosier cities and towns can learn from the creative approaches taking shape in other communities.
So Aim will:
- Support our members in their innovation initiatives
- Tell stories of groundbreaking developments in Indiana communities with videos and online content
- Deepen our relationships with the media and encourage reporters to tell these stories
To support our municipal storytelling efforts and help us build deeper relationships with the media, we now have a Municipal Innovations Specialist. This Aim employee takes a lead role in these initiatives by:
- Communicating with our members to identify stories of innovation
- Collaborating with our members to tell these stories in engaging ways
- Reaching out to media outlets statewide to build relationships and encourage more stories of municipal innovation and creativity
Creating our own innovation laboratory
But we’re going to do more than just cheer on our members from the sidelines – we’re going to demonstrate how to become a laboratory for innovation.
We’re continuing to transform our organization by identifying research partnerships with respected national organizations. This involves identifying specific research areas that align with our strategic legislative goals and collaborating on projects that can inform policy. That way, we’re empowered to drive policy discussions rather than being forced to take a reactive stance.